Friday, April 17, 2015

I'm Tripping

Mesa Junction view from Rawlings Library
So, I have the opportunity to visit my hometown this spring. The question is, what do I do? Should I visit the historic Colorado Fuel & Iron company where my great-grandfather worked? Should I visit some of the districts that were once towns that formed Pueblo? I have no specific agenda. Well, I do want to visit Walter's Brewery taproom. But aside from that, I'm open to suggestions.

I've been to El Pueblo History Museum. It's on the site of the former fort. I've been to the Pueblo Medal of Honor Memorial. That was cool. I've walked HARP, that's Historic Arkansas River Project. It's a neat trail in the middle of town. I loved it; although some people don't seem to care for it. That's just something I've heard from a couple folks.

Actually taking some time to visit the Rosemount Museum would be new. I've been by the place on 14th Street several times, but I can't remember going inside. It's an old house, I mean castle,  turned museum. The Thatchers used to live there. The Thatcher family plays a prominent part of Pueblos' history going back to 1863.

I've danced outside the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center in Pueblo. This was last summer with my brother's friend, Big Robert. But I've never been inside except to use the restroom. I've never just visited the galleries or whatever they have on display at the arts center.

So what do you think? What ideas do you have for my next visit to Pueblo? I'm ready to read some comments. Post them below. You can be anonymous, if you like. I'll consider all suggestions. #Pueblo

No comments:

Post a Comment